New Features Available in All Office 2021 Applications
Users upgrading from Office 2013 or prior versions will now be able to take advantage of the Co-Authoring feature to experience multi-user, simultaneous collaboration on Excel, Word, and PowerPoint files. Similarly, these same users can use new functions such as TEXTJOIN and IFS in Excel. In fact, users upgrading from Office 2013 or prior will see a significant number of new features in virtually all their Office applications.
A Sampling Of New Functions Available In Excel
- XLOOKUP and XMATCH provide potent alternatives to “legacy” lookup functions, such as VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, INDEX, and MATCH. The legacy functions are still available in Office 2021, but most users will want to take advantage of the power and ease of use provided by XLOOKUP and XMATCH. Click here to learn more about XLOOKUP.
- Another significant new feature in Excel is Dynamic Array formulas. With Dynamic Array formulas, you can create a single formula that places results into multiple cells. Over the long term, Dynamic Array formulas should change how most users create formulas in Excel. As part of adding Dynamic Array formulas, Microsoft also added six new functions to capitalize on Dynamic Arrays. These functions are SORT, SORTBY, FILTER, RANDARRAY, SEQUENCE, and UNIQUE. Click here to learn more about Dynamic Array formulas.
- Power Query users will notice a significant number of enhancements and new features, depending upon which version of Excel they presently use. For example, those who upgrade to Office 2021 can use Power Query to link data from PDF documents into Excel.
Other Key New Features In Office 2021 Applications
- PowerPoint allows you to record a presentation, including video, ink, and laser pointer recording.
- You can quickly see and rearrange the elements on a PowerPoint slide.
- Additionally, PowerPoint’s Zoom feature provides presenters with more control over the order in which PowerPoint presents slides.
- Depending upon the version you are upgrading from, you may notice a new Editor feature in Word. The Editor helps to identify grammatical and style issues in your Word document that may weaken the effectiveness of your document.
- Also, the Line Focus feature is available in Word 2021. Line Focus helps users to concentrate on specific sections of a Word document.
- You can use the Search bar in Outlook to quickly find email messages in Outlook.
- Outlook 2021 provides access to Translator, a tool that allows you to translate an email message into one of over 70 languages.
Upgrade Considerations And Strategies
- CPU: 1GHz dual-core processor
- GPU: DirectX 9 or higher with WDDM 2.0 or higher
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Storage: 4GB of available space
- Display: 1280×768 screen resolution
- Browser: Current version of Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Chrome, or Firefox
- .NET version: Some features require .NET 4.6 or higher
- Other: Some Outlook features require Microsoft Edge WebView2